Please click on the link to read the 23rd issue of School 2 EAGLE NEWS for the months of May and June.[More Information]
Please click on the link to view a slideshow of School 2's Field Day.
Our Field Day was a huge success!! Ms. Beffre had every detail planned perfectly. Mr. Micek was an amazing assistant. Ms. Han did a phenomenal job of organizing the all the classes onto the buses. The PTA generously provided beautiful tee shirts for everyone as well as water and additional assistance.
The high school students, under the direction of Mr. Pulliate were absolutely incredible!! They were so helpful and patient with the students. They ran the stations with professionalism and courtesy!!
Many thanks are also in order for all the other staff members: teachers, custodians, teachers’ aides, and high school teachers; such as Mr. Walden, who provided the music.
Thank you for your cooperation and flexibility. They say “it takes a village to raise a child”……well it certainly took our School 2 village to make this a success and everyone should be commended.
Thank you again and have a wonderful weekend,
Dear Parents and Guardians,
As sent in a previous letter, our Field Day will be at Fort Lee High School on . In order for this day to be successful, we are again asking for your cooperation on several matters:
All children will need to have a signed permission slip.
- Please remember to dress in team color shirt, (the PTA will hand out the shirts ) appropriate shorts or light weight pants and sneakers. Sandals are not permitted.Long hair tied up.
- Please make sure your children have applied sunscreen. Hats and sunglasses will be permitted.
- All students will need to be dropped off at the high school (). Car pooling is suggested. There will be NO BREAKFAST CLUB that day.
- Any parent who uses a private bus company (not our students in our special programs) will have to contact them to have the student dropped at the HS or make other arrangements.
- Grades K- 3 parents will be a dropped off in the parking lot by the entrance to the auditorium. No one will be allowed to park.
- Grades 4-6 will be dropped off on Lemoine Ave. in front of the auditorium.
- All students will be meeting their teachers inside the auditorium with assistance from FLHS students, as well as some support staff members.
- Any student who arrives late to the High School, will need to be escorted to the field and handed off to their teacher. Do not let any child, even older children walk unescorted if they are late. PLEASE AVOID BEING LATE! If you arrive at the high school at or later, you will be responsible for bringing your child to the main office. They will then contact us on the field to pick up your child from the office.
- If a student is taken to/dropped off at school #2, they will have to remain there (with an assigned teacher) and will therefore not be able to participate in Field Day..
- Children will be encouraged to buy school lunch that day which will be a bagged lunch (PROBABLY Italian sub, bagel, or yogurt). Otherwise, they will be carrying their lunch to the HS and it will be sitting in a box until we leave.
- At our conclusion, we will depart back to School #2 on buses.
- Lunch will be served when we return to school by about or so.
- For safety and security reasons, parents are not allowed to attend field day.
- Water will be provided all field day by the PTA .
Thank you so much for helping us make this a wonderful day for all our students!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me or your child’s teacher.
Denise Beffre -
May 12, 2017
Please see the attached letter and diagram from Ms. Beffre.
On, we will have our Field Day at Fort Lee High School for grades K to 6. Pre-k students will not participate; they will have Field Day on .
All students in grades K to 6 will be dropped off at Fort Lee High School at. THERE WILL BE NO BREAKFAST CLUB. Students ARE NOT to be dropped off at School 2 (EXCEPT FOR PRE-SCHOOL).
Once our field day activities are over at about lunch time, they will go back to school via school bus.
It is IMPERATIVE that you read the attached so you are well aware of the procedures for that day.
If you have any questions, please reach out to your child's teacher.
Have a great weekend and a a Happy Mother's Day!
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation,
Field day parent letter .docx
Please click on the link to read the 22nd issue of School 2 EAGLE NEWS for the month of April. [More Information].
April 28, 2017
April Showers bring May Flowers!! School 2 Golf umbrellas are still available. If you would like to purchase an umbrella and show school spirit, please see attached order form.
School 2 PTA
Please click on the link to read the 21st issue of School 2 EAGLE NEWS for the month of March. [More Information]
Dear Parents and Guardians,
The PTA is offering a special Mother's Day plant sale for Mom, Grandma, Aunt, Friend, or Someone Special. We are taking PRE-ORDERS only. Surprise a loved one and SUBMIT the attached order form by Friday, April 28. Plants will be delivered on May 12th.
School 2 PTA
Students in the fourth grade classes submitted posters for the annual "My County Poster Contest." The posters depict what makes Bergen County Unique and emphasize Bergen County's special qualities. A great job was done by all the students that participated!
School 2 Presents:
The Yo Jo Show: “Ace Your PARCC”
For Children & Parents/Guardians in Grades 3-6
This show covers very specific test-taking strategies and has been co-developed directly with educators who know these tests thoroughly. Some of the important points that an ACE YOUR TEST show may include:
Important student preparations before the test. (Getting a good night's sleep, eating a healthy breakfast, showing up on time, etc.)
Paying close attention to all instructions, questions, and answer choices.
The proper way to fill out answers on traditional pencil & paper tests OR reviewing technology enhanced items and tools for computerized tests.
Using the process of elimination to make a better educated guess at tough multiple-choice questions.
Writing 'open-ended' constructed responses clearly and neatly.
Supporting constructive responses with proof, evidence and detail.
Most importantly: Confidence and a great attitude!
Please join us on the evening of the 21st, to learn strategies that can be used for the upcoming PARCC Assessment. We look forward to seeing you on Tuesday, from at School 2. Please email Ms. DiBartolo at email@example.com to R.S.V.P..
Please click on the link to read the 20th issue of School 2 EAGLE NEWS for the month of February.
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Thank you for attending the Book Fair at Barnes & Noble at the Mall at Riverside. Thank you to all the teachers that visited and/or read for storytime. A great time was enjoyed by all!
If you did not get a chance to attend or need any additional books, you can still make purchases online by TOMORROW MARCH 8th and support the Book Fair.
See attached flyer for further details.
School 2 PTA
February 27, 2017
Dear Parents and Guardians,
On , students can celebrate Read Across America by putting on their dancing shoes at Dance Across America at School No. 2. Dress up as your favorite book character such as Harry Potter, Snow White, Junie B. Jones, Spider-Man, Darth Vader, etc.
Dance begins at for grades pre-k to 3rd; and for grades 4 to 6. Admission is $10 per person and includes music, dancing, pizza, snacks, and drinks.
If you have any questions, you can contact Evelyn Tsugranis from the PTA at 201-658-1801 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking forward to seeing you all there!
School 2 PTA
See attached Flyer.
Dear Parents & Guardians,
Next week we will be celebrating Read Across American and Dr. Seuss' birthday! Please review the attached calendar of the special events planned from a night of "Escape to the Fort Lee Library" on Monday to the Book Fair at the Barnes & Noble at the Riverside Square Mall on Saturday. Reading should be part of every child's day and we hope you can encourage your child to experience the love of reading.
"Today a reader, tomorrow a leader." ~ by Margaret Fuller
"The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go." ~ by Dr. Seuss
"Once you learn to read, you will be forever free." ~ by Frederick Douglass
School 2 PTA
Dear Parents and Guardians,
This year's Book Fair, in collaboration with Barnes & Noble Booksellers, will be held on on at the Hackensack location (187 Riverside Square ~ The Shops at Riverside).from
By participating in the Book Fair, sponsored by the School 2 PTA, Barnes & Noble will donate a percentage of their proceeds back to School No. 2. Almost all purchases are eligible including books, NOOK, games, toys, movies, music, gifts, and cafe!
Please SAVE THE DATE ~ and support the School 2 Book Fair. There will be PRIZES for everyone who attends - VISIT US on the second floor.
Please let your family and friends anywhere and everywhere know that they can support the Book Fair by shopping online from.
***And be sure to tell the cashier that you're there to support the BOOK FAIR.
See attached flyer for further details.
School 2 PTA
- - "Escape to the Fort Lee Library"
Hot chocolate and cookies
- - Stop ~ Drop ~ Read
- Wednesday (and ) - Reading Buddies
To be implemented during the day by teachers/Principal
- - Read Across America
- - "Dance Across America"
Dress as favorite book character
- - Barnes & Noble Book Fair (separate flyer sent home)
You are invited to a Parent Workshop, to be held on . The workshop will take place in the evening at the Lewis F. Cole Middle School from . The topic is managing common behavior challenges at home.
The goal of this program is to provide families with strategies for better managing behavior at home and to introduce the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) in a friendly, collaborative, and inclusive environment. This workshop is open to parents and caregivers. It is appropriate for families with children of all abilities from 3 to 18 years of age.
See the flier for more information.
Hope to see you there!
January 31, 2017
Attached please find the Important Monthly Reminders Sheet.
Please also note that we have just completed the 2nd marking period. Report cards will be available for your review this .
Please reach out to your child's teacher if you have any questions or concerns.
Lunar New Year 2017 - Year of the Rooster
School Two celebrated the Lunar New Year by dressing in traditional costumes, reading stories, watching educational video clips, completing various arts and crafts projects such as lanterns and coding with Chinese Inventions with Tynker.
This is a reminder that Parent/Teacher conferences will be taking place this week on , , and . As such,students will have an early dismissal. Students in grades kindergarten through grade 6 will be dismissed at . The pre-school students will have alternating schedules and will be dismissed at . The pre-school teachers have already sent you the schedule.
Please also note there will be NO PACE classes TODAY ( ) and . Classes will resume next Monday, January 30th.
Dear Parents and Guardians,
The PTA and Six Grade Committee is once again sponsoring the annual Valentine's Chocolate Roses lollipop sale. The perfect gift for just $2 for family, friends, teachers, and other loved ones.
Today, students will bring home an order form. PLEASE support our fundraiser and submit your orders by .
Thank you for supporting Class of 2016!
ORDER FORM IS ALSO ATTACHED
Dear Parents and Guardians,
The PTA is pleased to announce this year's spiritwear now on sale. Attached please find the order form. Please submit orders with payment by . Make checks payable to School 2 PTA.
If you have any questions, you may contact Evelyn Tsugranis from the PTA at 201-658-1801.
It is unbelievable that we are at the halfway point of the school year. As such, parent teacher conferences will take place next week through . You should have received a notice from your child’s teacher setting up an appointment. Please also note that these are all EARLY DISMISSAL DAYS.
At that time you will have the opportunity to ask any questions which you may have about your child’s progress. We look forward to your visit and hope that the conference will be helpful and productive for both you and your child. This meeting is for parents only; we respectfully request that you do not bring your child/children.
Please note some other important news and reminders:
- We are thrilled to announce our Teachers of the Year: Ms. Dina Fiorita, grade 1, and our Educational Services Provider teacher, Ms. Amanda Schroeder, Speech Therapist. Please check out our School 2 website to read all about them.
- In a previous letter I mentioned it is imperative your children arrive to school on time, including our pre-schoolers. When they are late, they miss crucial instruction that prepares them for the day or the lesson. In addition, some children may miss out on some of their related services or academic support instruction due to lateness. Arrival for pre-school is at , arrival for grades K to 6 is .
- As you know, at School 2 we constantly aim to build our community and sense of family in addition to building school spirit. To assist us in this endeavor, we have developed some School Spirit Days. We hope you will support them by having your child participate! They are as follows:
- Pajama Day- Need to be warm and cozy in winter!
- Football Day- (Super Bowl) Wear your favorite team shirt or hat
- Opposite Day- Teachers dress like the students, students dress like the teachers
- March Madness – Wear your favorite college team apparel
- Box of Crayons Day- Celebrating our uniqueness (We are a box of crayons, each one of us is unique, but when we get together, the picture is complete!) Different grade levels will be assigned specific colors.
- Baseball Day (celebrating Opening Day) Wear your favorite team shirt or hat
- May the Fourth be With You – Wear Star Wars shirts, hats, etc.
- Aloha Day- Say good-bye to the school year! Wear Hawaiian shirts/apparel.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Have a great week.
Teachers of the Year 2017
Teacher of Speech
I always knew that I wanted to be an educator; however, I did not know what role I wanted to serve within a school community. While attending the University of Delaware as an undergraduate student I served as a paraprofessional and completed a long term substitute position at the Delaware Autism Program. While working, I immediately fell in love with the field of speech therapy and knew that my heart belonged to the profession. Following graduation, I began the Communication Disorders and Sciences program at William Paterson University. I was awarded a graduate assistant scholarship and managed the on-site clinic when I was not taking classes. During my time at William Paterson, I completed externships in our on-site clinic, in the Glen Rock public schools and also at Kessler Institute of Rehabilitation. While I enjoyed working at both the clinic and hospital, I loved working in the public schools. After graduation from William Paterson, I began working in the Fort Lee School District as a Speech and Language Specialist at School 2. I have had the amazing opportunity to work with students from our preschool program, at our elementary schools and also at the High School. I have also had the privilege of coaching both the girls soccer team and co-ed winter track team from 2013-2016 at the High School. I am so grateful to be nominated as School 2's Educational Services Provider of the Year and I would like to thank my colleagues and administrators for this amazing honor.
Teacher of First Grade
I grew up in a family of educators. However, as a teenager, I felt the need to carve my own path in life. After graduating from Rowan University in 1999, I began a career in publishing as an editor and freelance writer. As a hobby, I began teaching children’s yoga and quickly realized I could no longer ignore my life’s calling. In 2005, I began my teaching career at School No. 2 in second grade. I received a Master’s Degree in Education with a specialization in reading and literacy in 2007. Since 2010, my heart has been in first grade. Teaching children to read has been the most rewarding part of my career. I am honored to be this year’s Teacher of the Year and would like to thank my colleagues and administrators in Fort Lee for all of their help and support over these past twelve years.
Please click on the link to read the 18th issue of School 2 EAGLE NEWS for the month of December.
Important Dates to Remember - January 2017
JAN. 2 SCHOOL RE-OPENS
JAN. 11 POST PRESENTATIONS - MS. ETRA
JAN. 12 PARENT LITERACY NIGHT - 3-4 @ 6PM
JAN.16 MARTIN LUTHER KING DAY - SCHOOL CLOSED
JAN. 24-26 EARLY DISMISSAL @ 1PM
PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCE
JAN. 24 SHOWCASE - 5C/5D
JAN. 25 SHOWCASE - 5G
Please click on the link to read the 17th issue of School 2 EAGLE NEWS for the month of November. [More Information]
Important Dates To Remember - December 2016
DEC. 1 HOLIDAY BOUTIQUE
DEC. 2 PHOTO RE-TAKES
DEC.13 WINTER CONCERT @ 9:30 A.M. (GRADES 4-6)
DEC. 22 PREK/HOLIDAY SHOW @ 10:00 A.M.
HOLIDAY SING-A-LONG (PM)
DEC. 23 WINTER RECESS BEGINS
11:00 A.M. - EARLY DISMISSAL PRK ONLY
1:00 P.M. EARLY DISMISSAL
NO AFTERSCHOOL PROGRAM
DEC.26 - DEC. 30 WINTER RECESS - SCHOOLS CLOSED
Photos RETAKES - FRIDAY!
On, LifeTouch Photos will be back at School 2 for picture retakes. For all students who were absent, not enrolled at the time, or who would like to have their picture retaken, please make note of this date. Picture retake order forms are located in the school office. Please make sure to bring these picture forms with you on the day of retakes. If you currently have a picture package that you are unsatisfied with, keep the class photo but return all the other photos on this date.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call Cindy Gereb from the PTA @ 201-602-0408.
School 2 PTA
Follow us on Twitter @School2 Eagles
November 26, 2016
The PTA is hosting the annual Holiday Boutique on 11/30 & 12/1. The in-school shopping experience is fun, safe, popular, convenient, and educational for children to shop for family and friends. Please send money with your children in an envelope and include your child's name, teacher and amount. (See flyer below)
Evening hours are available for family and friends on from .
Wishing you a wonderful holiday season!
School 2 PTA
On Tuesday, November 29th, we are happy to announce that will we have an author/illustrator visit, Susie Lee Jin for Grades K - 2.
Thank you to all of the families that purchased books in advance to get signed by the author!
Please click on the link to read the 16th issue of School 2 EAGLES NEWS for the month of October. [More Information]
November Parent Letter
November 21, 2016
It’s unbelievable to think that it is already November!! Our school year is in full swing. Teachers have been working diligently with your children to ensure their academic progress. The first marking period report cards will be available for viewing on Genesis tomorrow at 3:00 PM.
Please note some reminders that I would like to share with you with reference to recess time, lunch orders and students’ arrival times:
- Please be sure to send your child to school with a coat or warm jacket. Students go outside for recess every day as long as it is not raining/snowing and the temperature is above 36 degrees. Students that are not wearing a coat/jacket will not be permitted to go outside for recess unless a parent sends a note to the teacher stating they do not need to wear their coat.
- Now that the cold weather is upon us, please be aware that students should not arrive to school before 8:20 (unless they are in the breakfast club). It is cold outside and there is no supervision available.
- Please remind your children to check the Lost and Found for items. We presently have many coats, sweaters and lunch boxes that are unclaimed.
- During the lunch periods I have been noticing that not all children are “enjoying” their lunch. Sometimes they order an item and then realize that they do not like it. Many times we can offer an alternative, but it is not always possible due to the system of ordering. Let me offer some suggestions to ensure your children receive the necessary nutrition at lunch:
- Please review the school menu with your children. Post the menu on your refrigerator and each week on Sunday select the days your child will purchase a school lunch.
- Circle the lunch on the menu and each morning review what they have ordered. Make sure you also tell them whether it is a HOT or COLD lunch. For example, a child may forget if he or she orders a hot dog that it is considered a HOT lunch. If they order COLD lunch, they may end up with a salad, which they may not like and therefore may not eat.
- On Wednesdays we have PIZZA DAY. Students really enjoy the pizza. Please remind them that it is pizza day. If your child is a good eater, he or she may want to order 2 slices. This is fine, but they MUST order the 2 slices in the morning. They cannot order one slice and then at lunch decide they want 2 slices. The pizza is ordered according to the exact number of slices ordered. If they forget, they will NOT be able to get a slice and will have to eat an alternate selection.
We also need your help eliminating the tardiness of some of our children.
The preschool school day begins promptly at 8:00 AM. The students are involved in center activities during the first part of the morning and snack time. Please plan to arrive before 8:00am so your child can enter the classroom with his/her peers and begin the daily routine. When students are late they miss interacting with their peers and snack time. During both of these periods of time the children are learning from one another, having conversations, building friendships, and developing self help skills. They also have daily jobs during that time period which aide them in learning 1-1 correspondence and having a responsibility to the class. These are vital parts of preschool learning and we want your children to be a part of it all.
We also have several students in kindergarten through grade 6 that arrive late every day. Classes begin promptly at 8:50 AM. Children that consistently arrive late are missing the most important part of their lesson – the introduction, which explains the objective and purpose of the lesson. We all know traffic in Fort Lee is very challenging, but it is imperative to have your child arrive to school on time.
School 2 is becoming more involved in social media!! Our PTA has set up a Facebook page and now you can follow us on Twitter @School2Eagles. This will be a great way of reaching out to share events, activities and updates.
Please remember that this week we have an early dismissal on Wednesday. Students in Pre-K will be dismissed at 11:00 AM and ALL students in grades K through 6 will be dismissed at 1:00 PM. There will be NO Club Ed program.
Thank you very much for your cooperation. I look forward to continuing our collaboration to assure your child achieves success. As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Please accept my sincerest wishes for a wonderful Thanksgiving. I hope you have the opportunity to share special moments with family and friends.
Dear Fort Lee Parents and Guardians:
Please be aware that Club Ed Afterschool Program will not be in session on
Program will resume on .
Club Ed Staff
Come Celebrate with Your Community
The Jack Alter Fort Lee Community Center
Hot Chocolate & Refreshments
Special Holiday Music by our DJ and Many More Surprises
Please bring a toy to donate to the Fort Lee PBA Toy Drive. **New Toys and Unwrapped**
Dear School Two Families,
Our 3rd Annual Turkey Trot was a big success! Students in grades Pre-K~6th grade walked a total of 25 laps outside the school! In exchange for our efforts, we are asking for turkey donations for families in need of Thanksgiving dinner. Just a reminder that frozen turkeys should be dropped off on Friday, November 18th by 9:30 AM. Also, we will host a canned goods collection this week (Monday 11/14-Friday 11/18). Please send in non-perishable Thanksgiving themed items that we can donate along with the turkeys. Thank you for all your support!! Feel free to e-mail me with any questions.
Dear School Two Families,
Just a reminder that we will be hosting School 2's 3rd Annual Turkey Trot this Monday, November 7th. The students will walk laps outside and in exchange for their efforts we are asking for turkey donations. The turkeys will be donated to local Bergen County families in need of Thanksgiving dinner. This event is always a big success and truly teaches the children the importance of giving back to our local community.
Please send your child to school in sneakers for the event. The PTA will be hosting a snack sale during the trot. Snacks and juice will be sold for $1 each. All of the proceeds will benefit Briana Lopez, a Fort Lee student who recently battled Leukemia.
If you are donating a turkey, please remember they must be frozen and should be dropped off onby .
Thank you for all your support!
Important Dates to Remember - November 2016
NOV. 3. PARENT LITERACY NIGHT
NOV. 6 DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME
NOV. 7 TURKEY TROT (STUDENTS ONLY) RAINDATE 11/9
NOV. 8 ELECTION DAY - SCHOOL CLOSED
NOV. 9 CHARACTER ASSEMBLY 9:30 - 10 AM (4-6) & 1:30 PM (K-3)
NOV. 10-11 TEACHERS' CONVENTION - SCHOOLS CLOSED
NOV. 11 VETERAN'S DAY
NOV. 15 PTA MEETING
NOV. 17-19 FLHS FALL PLAY (12 ANGRY MEN)
NOV. 22 REPORT CARDS
NOV. 23 1:00 PM EARLY DISMISSAL - NO AFTERSCHOOL CLUB ED
NOV. 24-25 THANKSGIVING RECESS - DISTRICT CLOSED
NOV. 29 AUTHOR VISIT - GRADES K-2
NOV. 30 PTA HOLIDAY BOUTIQUE
October 28, 2016
Our Halloween parade will take place (weather permitting) October 31st at 1:45 PM. Students should come to school wearing their costumes. Please make sure your child is able to use the bathroom without assistance, and that the costume is comfortable to have on all day. They are not permitted to have weapons of any kind; masks should not be worn (only during the parade).
You are welcome to come and watch the parade. The police department has graciously agreed to close Jones Road (from under the overpass to Church Street) from 1:30 to 2:30 for our parade. To allow the best visibility for parents and family members, please do not park along Jones Road. Parents will congregate in the street; students will walk along the sidewalk on both sides of Jones Road and circulate 2 or 3 times; depending on the schedule. Students will then re-enter the building for dismissal. At that time, please meet your child at his/her daily dismissal area.
The weather forecast seems very positive at this time. However, if it should rain, the parade will be in the gym; I will send more information on the time you would be able to come to see your child.
Thank you for your continued cooperation. As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Please click on the link to read the 15th issue of School 2 EAGLES NEWS for the month of September. [More Information]
Jump Rope for Heart is week of 10/17 in PE class. Please remember to check your email and sign up to give a donation and collect your prizes .
OCT. 3-4 ROSH HASHANAH - SCHOOL CLOSED
OCT. 3-7 WEEK OF RESPECT
OCT. 6 FIRE PHIL ASSEMBLY
OCT. 10 COLUMBUS DAY- SCHOOL CLOSED
OCT. 11 1ST GRADE CLASS TRIP - 9:00 AM
OCT. 12 YOM KIPPUR - SCHOOL CLOSED
OCT. 14 SADD ELECTIONS 9:30 AM ASSEMBLY
PRE-K CLASS TRIP - 9:00 AM
OCT. 17-21 SCHOOL VIOLENCE AWARENESS WEEK
OCT. 18 K-6 ASSEMBLY - 1:15 PM
OCT. 20 PTA MEETING - 7:00 PM
OCT. 31 HALLOWEEN PARADE PM
Dear School 2 Parents,
As you may know, October is our Month of Respect at School 2. There are many fun and educational activities that we have coming up to help teach our children about bullying and how to be an Upstander, not a bystander. Below is a list of some of the activities that your child can participate in:
Respect Week- October 3rd to 7th
Wednesday 10/5- Wear Sunglasses to show you’re “too cool” for bullying.
Thursday 10/6- Be a Rockstar for kindness. Dress like your favorite rockstar.
Friday 10/7- Team up against bullying. Wear your School 2 shirt (or even your field day shirt from
last year.) You may also wear our School 2 colors- yellow and black.
Peace Week- October 17th to 21st
Monday 10/17- Wear Peace accessories or clothing.
Tuesday 10/18- Wear Tie Dye.
Wednesday 10/19- Create a Recipe for Peace.
Friday 10/21- Keep the Peace. Wear your School 2 spirit wear
Red Ribbon Week- October 24th to 28th
Monday 10/24- I “mustache” you not to do drugs. Students will be given wristbands and mustaches to
wear in school.
Tuesday 10/25- “Being Drug-free will never go out of style” - Dress in your favorite decade.
Wednesday 10/26- “Your choices are the key to your dreams”- Pajama Day
Thursday 1027- “Vote for my future to be drug free” – Wear Red, White, and Blue.
Friday 10/28- “I’m crazy about being drug-free” – Wear a crazy hair-do or hat to school.
*Also, to show school spirit, please have your child wear their School 2 shirt or School 2 colors, yellow and black, every Friday in October.
School 2 Guidance Counselor
Please see attached documents for information on our Jump Rope for Heart activities:
Ms. Denise Beffre
Please click on the following link to read information about the necessary updates families will need to know before school begins. [More Information]
Please click on the link to read information about the Little Free Library at School Two. [More Information]
Last Day Of School - Happy Summer!
June 27, 2016
Happy June! Can it possibly be the end of the school year already??
It has been a wonderful year and I am sure the children are looking forward to their summer vacations.
I have some final bits of information to share with you:
- Tomorrow, Tuesday, is the last day of school. There will be an early dismissal for all children (1:00 PM, or 11:00 AM for the pre-school).
- Through the generosity of the National Honor Society at Fort Lee High School we have installed a “Free Library” in the front of the school. It looks like a bird house and has a picture of an eagle. Information is listed on our website, and the idea is to provide reading material for children of all ages. Please “leave a book” to “take a book” and share your favorite stories with our School 2 Community.
- Please be sure to have your children participate in the Summer Reading Program sponsored by the Fort Lee Public Library. Reading will open the doors of imagination to your children and will ensure they achieve more success in school and in life.
- Students’ report cards will be available on line tomorrow, Tuesday at 1:00 PM. Please be sure to log on to the Genesis portal for your child’s final report card.
- Letters will be mailed in late summer with your child’s assignment for the 2016-2017. Many changes take place over the summer months and to ensure proper placement, assignments will be made in August.
- All supplies lists will also be posted on our School 2 website. This will allow you plenty of time to prepare for September.
It has been a pleasure to work with you this year and to watch your children grow and succeed. I hope you and your families have a wonderful summer and can take advantage of the time and weather to have some true quality time together.
School re-opens Tuesday, September 6th.
Aimee DeSheplo, Guidance Counselor
2047 Jones Road
Fort Lee, New Jersey 07024